iNeedSell.com: Free online ads. Post your Ad here.

11/26/2009

"New Moon" Werewolf Jacob's Lautner "Twilight" 's Steamy Love Triangle


In latest issue of Rolling Stone cover, Taylor Lautner admits, "I feel like I have lived as Jacob" and how his wild ride from martial arts star to famous teen wolf in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga. Taylor Lautner reveals how he went from a skinny martial arts kid to starring in the blockbuster Twilight franchise.

Don't you think that when some fans see New Moon, they may be disappointed, because you're kind of the villain in a way.
I have some pretty passionate team Jacob fans [laughs].

Right. But you're also the obstacle getting in the way of the great romance between Bella and Edward.
I can see where you're coming from. The thing is, Jacob and Edward are two completely different guys. They are opposites. And it's just what kind of girl you are. If you like that more mysterious, dangerous type, then that's one guy. I personally love Jacob and Bella's relationship, and how they began as friends. They are so much more open, and can tell each other anything. And Bella and Edward's relationship, it's always tense. It's always serious. But Jacob and Bella's friendship starts growing stronger and stronger and you just wonder if they can go past friends. It looks like that at some points.

But when your character hangs up on Edward in New Moon, it sets off the whole chain of events that almost lead to a major tragedy. That's something a villain would do.
Yes. that is part of Jacob's character. He can't really control himself. When he gets mad, he gets mad. And all Jacob has on his mind is on Bella. That's who he cares for. That's who he loves. If somebody gets in his way, it's not good. And he will explode. So I guess you could see that either way.

And then Bella is always lying to Edward so she can see you. This is supposed to be like true love forever, so why can't she just be honest?
You know, she's serious with Edward and then she meets best friend Jacob. She gets confused.

But you're not really her friend. You have an agenda with her, and you're always making snide comments about Edward.
If I was Jacob, and I feel like I have lived as him, it gets so annoying. Because she's in the car with you one moment, about ready to kiss you and then she leaves and is with Edward. And then she's back with you, you know.

Then she even says she loves you.
That's why Eclipse was actually my favorite of the series. It's the height of the love triangle. I think it's going to be good. That tent scene is the biggest thing possible. She's cold and I'm hot, so [since vampires are cold], are you going to let me crawl in the sleeping bag with her, or are you just going to let her die?

That's what I mean. Why don't you be like, "You guys stay there. I will get you an extra blanket so you can stay warm?" Or, "I'll turn into a wolf and go skin some animals and make you a blanket."
No, no, no. Oh my.

That said, I understand the book's appeal: it's a great fantasy for someone to have two powerful good-looking guys who can have anybody fighting over her. It's a classic romance, with fangs and fur heightening it.
Definitely. And I admit proudly that I enjoyed the series. I was not a book reader at all. But then when I read them, they hook you. I feel like each book, and more so the movies, are just getting more exciting and better and better. With New Moon, you know, it's not just the love story between these two anymore. Now there are three people, and it's dangerous.

But when you're reading the book, aren't you sometimes thinking, "Come on, when is there going to be some action?"
It's a tease.

Why do you think Jacob and Edward likes Bella so much?
Because she's different, meaning she's more of the plain Jane type. You know, she's not fake. I know that attracts me too. Just somebody who is down to earth and themselves. I mean, apparently Edward likes her smell. But Jacob's relationship with her is — Jacob has just always liked her. They used to be friends because their fathers are best friends. And he's just always had a crush on her since he was a kid. Now they are getting to that stage where things can start

What do you think of the whole part about Jacob's "brother" imprinting on a two-year-old and falling in love with her, then keeping her around until she's of proper age? Isn't that a little weird?
Yeah, yeah. Let's not go there.



Watch the video Behind the Cover Shoot of Taylor Lautnerhere. or View exclusive photoshere.

No comments:

Post a Comment