iNeedSell.com: Free online ads. Post your Ad here.

9/04/2009

Kiowa Gordon Reveals own Colors of New Moon wolf pack


Kiowa Gordon plays the role of Embry Call, one of the wolf among Quileute buddies talk to MTV about New Moon and their distinctive colors so you can tell the wolves apart.

MTV: You and the other wolves are new to the "Twilight" series. Did you look to Taylor for inspiration, since he'd already been through a movie?

Kiowa Gordon: Yeah. And he's really buff, so we look to that too. [Laughs.]

MTV: You looked to his buffness for inspiration? We've seen you guys without your shirts on, so obviously it helped.

Gordon: Yeah, well, when we showed up, they were like, "We got you a personal trainer. You guys are gonna train hard!" And so we were like, "Sweet, we get to work out!" And it was really fun.

MTV: Now that filming is done, how do you think "New Moon" is going to turn out, particularly your scenes?

Gordon: Well, our scenes were the most fun, I think, out of the whole movie, probably. I'm looking forward to seeing it in completion, because it looks great from what I've seen — all the photos, everything looks awesome.

MTV: The "Twilight" series has done a good job so far of hiring actual Native American actors to play the Quileute tribe. Can you tell us about your background?

Gordon: I am Hualapai. We are located in Northern Arizona, at the Grand Canyon. We own the Skywalk area. When I was growing up, my mom tried teaching us [the language], all my seven siblings and I. But we just laughed at her, because it sounded funny to us. Now, I'm kind of sad that I couldn't learn it, because it's a dying language. So, hopefully, I'll get to learn it sometime soon.

MTV: Do you have any scenes in "New Moon" with Kristen or Rob?

Gordon: No, nothing with Rob. We don't meet the vampires yet. We know [the Cullens], and we don't like them, so we don't like playing with them. But Kristen and Taylor, we have a couple scenes together.

MTV: You're joining this big, massive fanbase with an already-tight group of stars. How accepting were they of you rookies?

Gordon: We had a big dinner together, the whole cast and the director and the producers. And we all got to know each other and just become friends, basically. Now I have some friends for life. It's really awesome.

MTV: How about the fans?

Gordon: I guess I've been welcomed with open arms. A couple weeks after getting announced out there to the public that I got the role, a girl actually tattooed my name on her back with a paw print!

MTV: Your real name, not Embry's?

Gordon: Yeah! It was like, "Whoa!" And now I have my own team of supporters, for some reason.

MTV: The movie hasn't even come out yet! Does that put extra pressure on you to make sure your performance doesn't suck?

Gordon: Yeah, then they're gonna [want to remove the tattoos]. Maybe she'd cut it off. [Laughs.]

MTV: We've seen Taylor as a wolf in the "New Moon" trailer, but what are the rest of you guys going to look like?

Gordon: Well, we all look like brothers, so [we'll look similar], but we all have our own colors, so you can [tell which is which]. It's distinctive.

'We all have our own colors,' the 'Twilight' rookie says of his wolf pack brothers.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment