iNeedSell.com: Free online ads. Post your Ad here.

10/07/2010

Jennie Garth talks Family Life With Dr. Cullen…AKA Peter Facinelli and Leaving Beverly Hills, 90210 Behind .

Jennie Garth rose to fame in the '90s as teen queen Kelly Taylor on Beverly Hills, 90210. Now, she's enjoying her most important role as mom to daughters Luca, 13, Lola, 7, and Fiona, 4.

The 38-year-old opened up to Parade.com about her marriage to Twilight star Peter Facinelli, why she said goodbye to the new 90210, and her current project that helps bring families closer together.

She's definitely a hands-on mom.
"I cook every day. If I don't cook, they don't eat. Who's going to do it? I'm their mother!"

She picked up a few cooking tips from her Italian mother-in-law.
"For her 60th birthday, Peter made a family cookbook with all her recipes. And it's so beautiful. It's falling apart now because I use it all the time."

How did Peter's traditional mother react to him marrying an actress?
"Let's not leave out the fact that I was pregnant! That didn't go over well. Living in sin with a girl from Hollywood. It was not the way I wanted it go. I met them before the pregnancy and they really liked me, but then they found out I was pregnant and she went to church a lot!"

Finding the joy in acting.
"I still enjoy acting. I love the moment in front of the camera, but it's all the other moments that I don't enjoy. The 'business' aspect of it, the gossip. I really dislike about 99% of what I do, but I like that 1% when I'm on camera."


Her 90210 days are behind her.
"I finished my stint there and the show Is kind of off on its own, and I'm happy to walk away. It was fun, there's a lot of energy. My friend was producing the first season of the new show, and so that was kind of my motivation to be a part of it. And then he left and it just kind of got a little wonky, so I was happy to be a part of it in the beginning."

Recreating the heyday of Beverly Hills, 90210.
"Now, it just seems like another show that we've already seen. Like Gossip Girl and so many shows that show that lifestyle. And when our show was on, there was no TMZ, there was no paparazzi, we had giant cell phones, there was no Internet. It was such a different time. I can't believe there was no Internet! I feel so old!"

Keeping her kids grounded in the spotlight.
"We just moved out of L.A. because I didn't want to be raising my girls in the city. They're in public school now and they're in a normal situation. We're sort of settling into that. It's just a choice. I could have probably raised them in L.A. and they would have been great and had so many things at their fingertips and been exposed to so many things. But we travel a lot, so I don't think that moving out of town is sheltering the girls at all. Maybe protecting them a little bit more, trying to prolong their youth."

How do her daughters react to having a Cullen for a father.
"My 13-year-old has read the first two books. We stopped it there; it got a little too risque. But she's more embarrassed by it, actually. She's like, 'Let's not talk anything Twilight. Don't mention it. Wear a hat to my school.' She's a little embarrassed by it, she wants people to like her for her and not because of him, or want to come to our house because of that. It's something we deal with. But she's proud of him. She's actually a really gifted songwriter at 13; she's like Taylor Swift. She wants to write scripts and write songs, so she's constantly doing that."

Would she ever write her own tell-all like former 90210 co-star Tori Spelling?
"No, because I have memory issues, so I don't even remember it. I can't even remember what I did yesterday! I could see myself writing a book about memory loss."

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment