iNeedSell.com: Free online ads. Post your Ad here.

8/17/2009

Taylor Lautner doing fine on Pressure in New Moon movie

According to Buddy Tv on Twilight actor Taylor Lautner holding up his Pressure in New Moon:

I'm guessing you've already picked up the latest copy of Entertainment Weekly, or at the very least, saw the magazine's feature on New Moon online, as part of their fall movie preview. To be honest, there weren't really many new details on the article: it's stuff we've already heard about, from Chris Weitz coming in as director to Taylor Lautner buffing up to become a bulkier Jacob. And then there are the behind-the-scenes stuff which actually sound fun. But, in a pretty odd manner, I realized that--unlike in Twilight, where the attention was on Robert Pattinson--this time around, it's Taylor's turn on the hot seat.

Makes sense, really. Edward doesn't want to give Bella any trouble, and decides to just disappear. Jacob decides to fill the gap until he leaves her torn between two lovers. Not to mention he becomes a werewolf and, before that, bulkier since he's grown up. I can only imagine how it weighs down on Taylor, especially when you consider what Robert told the magazine: "It was a stress-free job for three months. All the pressure was on Taylor."

And pressure it is, indeed. He almost didn't get the role, remember? It was a mix of fan clamor and the need for continuity (that was eventually broken when Rachelle Lefevre lost Victoria for Eclipse) that powered his return, I think. And then came the hard work: he did work out a lot and, according to Taylor himself, the 11-month training got too much at one point. "My body fat got so low that we actually needed to increase it a little bit," he said. "My trainer would be like, 'Go have a huge milkshake just so I can get a thousand calories into your body.'"

Thankfully he's dealing well with the pressure, and everyone's noticing it. "I think that Taylor is really going to surprise people in the movie," Weitz told the magazine. "People have seen his body and all that stuff and it's a shocker because it's hard to believe that anyone can be quite so carved. But he actually delivers a really great performance. He wasn't just exercising all day, he was also reading the book quite a lot."

"I knew he had [to do] it, just because of how I felt around him," Kristen Stewart said when asked about Taylor almost not snagging the role. "I love that kid. I would do anything for him. I would kill for him, literally."

The article barely mentioned Rob, although of course it doesn't mean he won't be anywhere near. It's just the second book, sure. But I can't help but be happy for Taylor: this is really his big break, and after that stint as Lava Boy--which still pops up in my head occasionally--he deserves it. The fans, it seems, have paid attention. I remember one of my friends from university, Kat, who was a RPattz fan--note, was, until Taylor came along and she switched allegiances. While it may be a slightly shallow crush, in my opinion, I think she recognizes all that he's done to get that slot.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment