iNeedSell.com: Free online ads. Post your Ad here.

8/16/2009

Bella Swan's Twilight truck to Raise Money for Children's Charity


Sterling Biegart fits the image of a typical seventeen year old. She’s been involved in musical theater since she was six, she’s a responsible babysitter, and she has her college sights set on Yale or Julliard. But truthfully, she’s actually an old soul wrapped up in a Bella-aged body. And she’s about the luckiest girl around.

Sterling is the proud owner of Bella’s truck.

After considering the purchase of a Honda Element, Sterling noticed that the original truck used in filming Twilight was up for sale on EBay. She negotiated with her parents the option of using their 1996 silver Oldsmobile on a daily basis in exchange for the purchase of the red truck, to be used only on special occasions.

“There were two trucks used in Twilight,” said Sterling.”Mine was used for the majority of scenes; the other one was used for long shots. When they switched directors, they switched crews and suppliers, eliminating the need for the truck.”

When Sterling’s mom suggested that Sterling take the truck to the premiere of New Moon in their hometown in order to raise some money for college, Sterling had an “aha” moment. Instead of using the truck to benefit her own needs, her mission and new ultimate goal became to help others, specifically children, through charity.

“I’ve taught acting classes and I babysit a lot, so children and children's charities are very close to my heart,” says Biegart. Pedi Place helps families who can’t afford health insurance and Casa of Denton takes care of abused children.”

Sterling started a website called Eternal Tomorrows, which she hopes will ultimately become the name of her own charity. Her plea to those interested in renting the truck:

Now here is where it gets really cool (WARNING: bystanders, be prepared to plug ears as a result of fan screams)! For a small donation to one of my select charities, that all help children, you can have this truck come to your party or event, you can sit in it, and you can take pictures with it. On this website you will find information about me, my truck, and other Twilight fans. I encourage you to explore this website further, meet new people, learn new things, and spread the word. Visit as often as you like. And remember, it's all for a good cause.

Sterling’s greatest achievement to date was her involvement in a charity event designed to benefit Dosomething.org. With Ashley Greene and Christian Serratos in attendance, Sterling was wrapped up in the Hollywood gala, her truck on display, and the red carpet beckoning. Ashley and Christian even autographed her truck.

“Dosomething.org supports children who are helping their communities and trying to make a difference,” said Sterling. “We parked the truck in front of the red carpet so a lot of stars got interviewed in front of it. I talked to a ton of people waiting there and tried to encourage them about what their causes are.”

Says Sterling about what using Bella’s truck for charity has taught her, “Eventually I want to start my own charity to help a bunch of causes; that's my goal. I always knew I wanted to help but now that I've had this opportunity, I want to expand so much. I always wanted to be a Broadway actress, but this seems so much more important to me.”

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment