iNeedSell.com: Free online ads. Post your Ad here.

2/26/2009

Robert Pattinson Expected Complaints From Twilight Fans


Robert Pattinson admits he expected complaints from Twilight fans when it was announced he would play Edward Cullen - which is why he initially didn't want the part.

The British actor shot to fame playing the vampire in the recent movie based on the books by author Stephenie Meyer.

But Pattinson admits enduring the wrath of Twilight fans left him feeling scared.

He says, "I was completely expecting complaints from Twilight fans, that's why I didn't want to play the part in the first place.

"Who could possibly play it apart from like Zac Efron?"

And Pattinson - who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - also explained how Twilighters are different from Potter fans.

He added, "Well a seven-year-old asked me to bit them...

"It was when I was in New York a couple of days ago. Actually, she might not have been seven. I guess she might have been more like fifteen...

"She was baffled when I said no to biting her - she was like, 'Why, why not?'

"I told her, 'You wouldn't like it.

"I mean, with Harry Potter people like the world and characters and stuff but they don't want to sleep with them or anything.

"I suppose Twilight puts a whole different intensity to it, which I still haven't managed to get my head around.

"Edward is kind of a sexual, but an un-sexual character - it's a very unusual thing. It's funny how sexual and erotic the actual abstinence is, there are so many elements in the story that are sexy."

Pattinson, 22, reprises his role as Cullen alongside Taylor Lautner and Kristen Stewart in Twilight sequel New Moon, due out later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment